Monday, September 29, 2008

new favorite book

The Last Lecture

I'm not even going to tell you what this book is about.  It is 200 pages in a small size book.  I read it in 3 days.  (not my style lately)  But, if you want to know more take a look at this.  

PS. fill your stash of tissues before you pick this one up.  It's worth it.

added on Oct. 8:  This isn't a teary, sad book.  It will make you cry, maybe.  But, it's more of a who cares if there are always fingerprints on the fridge and I gotta remember to take more pictures of my kids and live each day kind of a book.  It makes you want to be a better person and a better parent.  And it doesn't take weeks and weeks to read it, so it's not like you cry for a month, just for a minute or two.  And, Rick was the one who purchased this book, so it's not even a cry baby girly book. 

6 comments:

Jess said...

I saw this at Barnes and Noble the other day and thought it looked really good. I'm glad you liked it. I'll have to try it out.

Amara said...

I saw his lecture somehow. I can't remember if it was on Oprah, or an email someone sent me that had him on Oprah (was it Oprah? now I'm not sure). I was bawling.

Leslie said...

Yep! It was on oprah! Had me bawling too!

Jacobson Five said...

Always looking for a good book. Was it your book and can I borrow?

Galo Fab 5 said...

I knew you'd sign up for the apron swap.I'm waiting till tomorrow when I gt a po box. I so hope I get to make a Christmas one. They have the most fabulous fabric at Gracie Lou's in Salem!! I don't read sad books. :( I just read the Hunger Games and really liked it.

Kris said...

Okay, so I saw about 5 people on the plane to and from Long Beach reading this. I was soooo curious. Thanks for getting me in "the know".