Sunday, September 21, 2008

levi quilt (wedding photos #4)




OK, my turn to be in some pictures.  A few months ago I decided that I would make my brother a quilt for his wedding.  why?  I don't know.  Mostly because if I don't have about sixteen projects going at a time, then I'm not completely satisfied with my life...OK, back to the story.  I mentioned this to my mom and she brought down a small stack of my dad's old Levi's.  So, I cut squares from all sorts of old jeans (even some that were anonamously donated my someone in my ward and left on my front porch).  So, I pieced the squares together with the help of Rick's mom.  Picked out a green polka dot sheet (because green was by far my dad's favorite color!) And made a small quilt to give to Brybry for his wedding.  
I passed the camera off to my cousin for the quilt presentation ceremony  and these are just about the only pictures I have of myself from the wedding lunch.  Things got a tiny bit teary, even from my brother.  But, I figured it was my house, I could cause I scene if I wanted to, right?   

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! Im very impressed Kelli! And what a sweet sweet thing for you to do. He will forever treasure that. Your dad was suuuch an awesome guy and Im grateful for everything he taught me while working at AC. And for putting up with me! (quitting, coming back, quitting again!)

missliss5/Melissa said...

What a sweet memento for your brother and a really memorable gift. You rock. And--you look AWESOME!