Wednesday, September 10, 2008

my hands are BURNING!!!

because I just made some of this...

my house smells so hot and yummy.  My eyes are watering.  But, I am out of jalapenos.   I need some donations if my plants don't grow more peppers before it gets too cold.  I still want to make jalapeno jelly.  I'm also out of jars and rings.  But, it gives me such pleasure to be adding things to my food storage shelves.  I just love this time and  year and watching my shelves fill up with things that I've bottled with my very own hands with things I've grown in my yard!     
Next up is salsa verde.

The recipe is from fashionable foodie. 

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

AWesome! Congratulations!!!

Carroll Family said...

YUM!!! I made jalepeno jelly last year and my kids call it martian jelly - and won't touch it. Too bad for them - I love it! I still have some, so if you don't have enough jalepenos, I'll have to bring you a few jars :)

Rachelle Vernon Jones said...

well hopefully they are delicious enough to be worth the burn. yummy is pain! (o wait, it's beauty is pain, right,) sorry bout that, i feel personally responsible for your burning hands. i will update that recipe with a warning!
i posted the how-to-can peaches for you. have fun!~
rachelle