Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy to Sierra






This is my sweet baby girl who turns 8 tomorrow.
I would have 10 kids if they were as easy to get along with as Sierra. (maybe not really, it was hard enough just getting 3 I got!)  But, the bottom picture just makes me laugh because when I tell people about my three kiddos, I tell them that the oldest and the youngest came from the same mold.  Sierra, however, is not at all high maintenance like her siblings.  I am convinced that they girl could occupy herself all afternoon with nothing more than a rock and her imagination.  she is so creative.  She is lovey and snuggly and it felt really good this morning when Rick left for work at 6 am.  We had slept with our bedroom windows open and the room was freezing.  I didn't stay cold for long because Sierra very quietly slipped right into my bed and snuggled me back to sleep for 30 minutes.  It was awesome.  I love it that she is a writer.  She has a journal that she has been writing in nearly every night for more than a year!  Yahoo--a writer.  Her artwork is so insightful.  She always slips in an angel or two with heart shaped wings to look over the subjects of her drawings.  
We just love our squeeze child and cannot wait for the big celebration of her birth this weekend and even more celebrating  next month when she has chosen to be baptized a member of our Church 
love you, Yaya.

4 comments:

Kristine said...

Happy to you Sierra!!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I'm sad I can't be there, but just remember that I'll be thinking of you ALL day!!! Luv you tons :)

missliss5/Melissa said...

I LOVE the black and white picture of her so tiny and crying!!!! And I can't believe very much like today's Sierra she looks even as a little tiny thing on the blue bedspread. happy birthday!

Carroll Family said...

Happy Birthday, Sierra!!! I just remember we all were leaving Missouri and your Mom was very pregnant with you! I was so glad for her when you came!

Riikka said...

Happy Birthday to Sierra (one day late, but still). She is a very lovely you girl with a good attitude and nice character. I'm sure you are very proud of her. Tell her best wishes from Riikka and Panu from Finland.