Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vendo 56

OK, Here is Rick's recently finished project:

 This is a completely restored Vendo 56.
What does that mean?
It means that this is a Vendo Slant Shelf Coke Machine .
Made for only one year (1958-1959)
and made only for Coke.
It is the most rare of the vintage style Coke machines.
I wish I had a picture BEFORE it was restored.
It was a mess.  And Rick paid $1,200.00 for it.
2 years later, with a complete restoration it is worth about $6,000+
And it works, just in case you are wondering.
 oops, this photo didn't rotate--just tilt your head.
 And the door opens to revel the bottles of Coke (or rootbeer or water)
 The coin mechanism is currently disabled so if you came to my house you could actually enjoy a cold one--for free!
Have a Coke and a smile.
This reminds me a lot of my Grandpa Dalton...

2 comments:

Paula said...

WOW! That is awesome!

Carroll Family said...

WOW!!! That's so cool! How did he get this interest of his? I would have never even thought of that one! Where do you put them - they need to be displayed somewhere cool.......