Friday, September 12, 2008

Let's take a vote

First of all, I love Fall and Halloween.  
I am ready to decorate for Halloween.  Not the creeepy Orem neighbor decorating (if you remind me, I will take a pictures for those of you who don't happen to know who I am talking about.)
I just love the colors, and the leaves and the pumpkins.  I asked Rick to get the Halloween decoration boxes down from the shelf in the storage room for me last night.  (He has to work a 16 hour shift today, so I figured it would be a good day to decorate in peace).  But, Rick informed me that it was entirely too early to get out the Halloween decorations.  I told him I would keep the ceramic skulls that he made at the Utah STate Prison hidden for a few more weeks.  He said that I MUST wait until after the big family celebration next week until I can get out the Halloween decorations.  He thought it would seem weird to have the Halloween decorations competing with the Wedding lunch.  Hum, I don't think a pumpkin or two will really matter.  What do you think?
Besides, I still have my quilted valentine wall art hanging in the entry way.  You'd think he'd be happy to have that pink thing put away before it looks like I've decorated early for Valentines day again.

  

3 comments:

Carroll Family said...

I love fall, too - I just wish we got more of the weather part of it than we do - but I love what we do get! I'm not so big on Halloween because I don't see the point in getting/making a costume for 2 hours of trick-or-treating for candy that's bad for them - and I don't like all the evil side of it. BUT, I do like the cute Halloween stuff, and the pumpkins, and Meal in a Pumpkin - YUMMMM! I hope you get to decorate!

Kelli said...

yes, I agree, LeAnn. I hate the trick-or-treating and all of the candy and trash that we eat all week. And I hate the costumes and stuff. I think in my dream world I would go on vacations every year during the last week of October. But, I still love the colors and the leaves and the pumpkins and decorations--just not the creepy stuff!

Jacobson Five said...

I would say wait till after the wedding. After that have at it. Fall sure is fun.
What you hate Halloween and costumes? That is my favorite part of the season. However, I do not like the candy, we could do without that.