Tuesday, January 22, 2008

snippets of wisdom

This past Sunday was ward conference in our ward. The theme for the meeting had something to do with families. (Remember that Cole has a major influence on what I get out of these meetings and he was having a rather difficult time on this particular Sunday--OK every Sunday.) The Stake President was speaking when Cole was taken out of the meeting by Rick so I got about 3 minutes of inspiration...
"There is no Plan "B" if we fail with our families."
"The Church exists to exalt the family." Russell M. Nielsen
We are to stand in holy places. They are 1. Our Homes 2. Our Stake 3. The Temple
(see Isaiah 4:5-6)

"Do you want a spirit of love to grow in the world? Then begin within the walls of your own home. Behold your little ones, and see within them the wonders of God, from whose presence they have recently come." Gordon B. Hinckley

And then Cole returned. Imagine the inspiration I could have received had Cole sat quietly like the other 2 year olds in the room (not really).

1 comment:

Jana Nielson said...

I had the very same experience at our conference a few weeks ago. I don't think I have heard a word of Church for 13 years now! But, the things I do hear seem to be the things I needed at that very moment!
I love your blog. I started a blog because I want to share what I know about the gospel....and other things too!