Friday, January 11, 2008

baby Kent

We had a little get together tonight. It was 4 years ago today that my Dad died. I know it's kind of weird, but we had a Happy Death-day Party (that's what Rick called it). It gave us all a little something to look forward to rather than just dreading this day. My mom said that she had the most bizarre experience last night. She said that she wasn't dreaming, but she saw my dad. He came towards her and said, "it's been a long time" And then he put his arms around her and gave her a hug and then a kiss. And then he was gone. She said that it was a clear as day to her. Then she woke up. I don't really know what to think about it, but since it didn't freek her out and she was calm about the little experience, it's all good.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Wow! Amazing experience! And it seems like it was less than 4 years ago when your dad died. How are you doing? Was the get together good for the soul?

Riikka Kalmi said...

I think it is quite normal to see your loved ones in a dream - even if they have passed away. It might be comforting as well.
When my grandfather died I saw him in my dream just walking in his garden and smiling to me.

Hema and Becky said...

Kelli- your family is so amazing! We sure love your mom and hope she is doing well!