Wednesday, January 9, 2008

first treasure of 2008

I got up at 5 yesterday morning and went to the gym. As I was leaving (it was still pitch dark) something caught my eye. Because of the light traffic at 6:45 am I was able to quickly turn around and drive back past a cute little brick home with a for sale sign in the front yard. It was the thing in the front yard that had caught my eye. This cute little desk/vanity thing with the "free" tag taped to the mirror. Was it my lucky day or what? It was covered in about 8 inches of snow. I had to empty out the back of the Honda and rearrange a few things (like the stroller). I loaded this thing in the back of the Honda and headed for home. (Good thing Rick was at work). I am so excited for warmer weather so that I can sand and paint my new treasure. It's in great shape. Rick's comment was (eye roll) "Oh no, not another project." Summer said, "Oh, it's so cute, can I have it?"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Pixton Family said...

Wow! What a find- make sure to post photos when you finish it!

Nickie said...

WOW.....what a treasure! You got lucky on that one...can't wait to see it finished!

Guess whats happening in Memphis right now...a Pottery Barn Warehouse sale! Thats right...warehouse sale (everything is atleast 60% off). I got Caroline a table and 4 chairs for the regular price of the table! You need to be here!

I miss you all and love you more than you know! Give hugs to all...your mom too! XOXOXO

missliss5/Melissa said...

I can't wait to see what you do with it!