Monday, March 31, 2008

something to do...

We were out running errands today and I remembered that they were tearing down the Deseret Towers at BYU.  So, I told Rick to swing by there and see what was going on.  We parked in the parking lot north of the dorms and watched with awe as the wrecking ball took swing after swing at the tall building.  I think Rick and I were having more fun watching the demolition than Cole.  Cole was more interested in the skid steer that was buzzing back and forth on the other side of the construction zone.  Next time we head out to run errands maybe we'll bring a picnic and stay for the afternoon.  It was sort of like the good old days when you could go sit in your vehicle at the drive inn theater and watch the entertainment on the screen, only we were sitting in our vehicle watching them tear down a building.  Fun.  I had no idea how much fun it would be having a boy in our little family.  

2 comments:

Carroll Family said...

I think I would have cried! I can't believe they're tearing those down. Memories......

missliss5/Melissa said...

Sweet! How many of the buildings are they tearing down?