Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day Trip to Mexico



We took a little day trip into Mexico. Everyone had us freaked out about drinking the water and getting kidnapped so we tried to stay safe. We stopped in Ensenada and ate at Costco. Rick was a whimp and made me order in Spanish. Man, 4 years of high school Spanish and 15 credit hours at BYU and I could barely make it through ordering a pizza at Costco where they probably would have spoken English if I would have just asked.
The scenery was beautiful. The driving was crazy. I loved the colors. Maybe I can find a picture or two of the California Poppies and the little torquise houses. We decided to NOT stay the night in Mexico, so after a quick stop at the beach. We jumped in the car and headed back for the border. We got lost in Tiajuana and it took us 2 hours to get through the border crossing, but overall a good time was had by all. Just don't ask Sierra if she wants to go to Mexico again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: