Sunday, March 30, 2008

Movie Review...

We watched August Rush last weekend.  It was good and I really recommend it.  It was recommend by Jessica (Tall Fillmore) and that is all I knew about it.  I was hoping that it wasn't too girly and Rick would approve--he did.

Next movie was Waking Ned Devine.  We got the video about a year ago because we loved it so much when we saw it for the first time years ago.  I can't believe we waited so long to finally watch the video we had purchased.  It had been so long that we had really forgotten almost everything about the movie.  I don't know what it's rated, but it's clean except maybe for some random British swear words that just go right over my head anyways.  Funny movie.

I just got done watching the Bee Movie with the kids.  I fell asleep which is quite predictable but Summer said it was cute and they were happy with it.  I bought it yesterday as a bribe.  I told the kids that if they did the entire job list, house cleaning, piano practicing and anything else I asked then I would buy them a movie.  It worked.  Mostly.  But the house is not as spotless as it was yesterday--oh well.

I'm not a big movie watcher these days.  I fall asleep.  Rick took the girls to see Horton last week, but I stayed home with Cole to take a nap.  I told Rick that it would be cheaper to nap at home than at the theater for $6 which is exactly what would have happened.

If CSI, Chuck, Criminal Minds and a few other favorites come on TV soon, and if the weather warms up and I can get outside to play I won't have a reason to watch many more movies, so don't wait up for the next movie review from me.  But, I'd love to hear some suggestions from you while I wait for good TV and warm weather.  Have a good week.  And go fill up your water jugs for your emergency preparedness. 

7 comments:

Carroll Family said...

We really liked Mr. Magorium, the Ultimate Gift, Amazing Grace, and the Game Plan. I'll have to look for those movies - I don't know if I've heard of them. Thanks - we're always up for a good movie!

Jacobson Five said...

You had to throw in the water comment. You did get everyone thinking. So way to go with your lesson. It was very effective. I am not picky with movies. I think just about everything is good. Except not a big fan of cartoons. They would put me to sleep as well. Last night night on PBS there was a new Sense and Sensability on, the first part was good. I have to stay tuned for part 2 next week.

Merrills said...

Have you seen The Other Boleyn Girl? I love historical fiction so I really liked it, but I read the book first. It is a good book. And, other than that, my movie watching only goes as far as Enchanted, Nancy Drew and The Bee Movie so I'm not much help!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Oy...water jugs. Here I have 3 months of food storage and zero water stored.

I'm excited to see August Rush. And I TOTALLY though Waking Ned Devine was hilarious---but you forgot the naked old man back shot--hahaha!

Galo Fab 5 said...

I absolutley loved August Rush. I bought the soundtrack the next day. What a feel good movie. Oh and I found your blog through Audrey.

Unknown said...

Amazing Grace is so good, I agree. And we love game plan, very funny. I actually thought Jerry Seinfeld was hilarious in Bee Movie and we have rented Mr. Magorium for Ryan's birthday sleepover tomorrow. I hope it is good. I have August Rush up in the closet along with Dan in Real Life. I hope to be able to watch them soon. I watched Deadliest Catch tonight instead.

Unknown said...

Yeah, this is Marcie, not Chris by the way. I guess he was already logged on, just in case you are wondering who this random person is. My sis' husband LOVES Ned Devine. I guess I need to watch it. Last time I was at her house I laughed my heiny off watching episode after episode of The King of Queens. Oh, and I almost forgot, if you haven't seen Stardust, it is VERY good. We liked it a lot. It is late, I ramble when I am tired. Good night.