Tuesday, March 25, 2008

happy to you

Today is my dad's birthday. This is a sample of the quilt that hangs over my couch. It's not a ral soft and cuddly blanket, but it does keep me warm. It is made out of patches of my dad's Pendleton shirts. My mom came to visit in MS for Thanksgiving the fall after my dad died. She brought me this and made me promise not to open it until Christmas. I really love this quilt and I love to keep it out on the couch where I can see it every day. This afternoon we will head North for piano and swing by the cemetary to drop off some flowers. I put together an arrangement last week so I could have it up there for Easter and birthday. However I enjoyed having flowers on the counter so much that I have waited until today to deliver. They are a little droopy, but I don't think Dad will mind.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jacobson Five said...

That is a real special thing to have. Happy Birthday to your dad. If you need anything, give me a call.

missliss5/Melissa said...

What a great blanket with such special memories. I hope your trip to deliver the flowers is a good with with more great memories.

Merrills said...

I remember the first time I met your dad he was wearing a hunter orange vest and talking about deer hunting. That was the first time I realized that people actually went hunting (it was in Oct). I thought it was just an excuse to get out of school. Now, I have a hunting husband and I know how important hunting can be! I hope your dad's day is happy! Love the quilt!

Marcie said...

Aww, Kelli that is a great story. I love the blanket. You are a good daughter.