Monday, March 10, 2008

Mississippi Mud Cake

Funny story first...We had a family birthday party yesterday. Mom made tacos, etc. Everyone has 9:00 church right now but us (1:00). So, mom was nice and tried to have everything done by herself so that we could just leave church and come to the party. I told her that I would bring SOMETHING. so, I talked her into letting me bring the cake. Well, she didn't think I would really come up with something great so she made a cake too. We ended up with 3 different cakes. Here is the cake that I liked the most:

1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. salt
1 1/2 c.flour
1 1/2 c. chopped pecans
1 (10.5 oz) bag mini marshmallows
Chocolate Frosting

Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in flour and pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.
Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Top with a layer of marshmallows. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes. Drizzle chocolate frosting over warm cake. Cool completely.

Frosting:
1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. cocoa
Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.

1 comment:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I have to say....I'm drooling. But I also have to admit that to this day I still don't even know what a jelly roll pan looks like. Guess I should google it...