Saturday, February 9, 2008

more fabric

This is another piece of cute fabric that I found last week. I think it will make a cute apron. Most of the samples that I put up here are Alexander Henry fabric. I found most of it at Joann's. Either it was purchased on sale, or I had a coupon because you know how cheap I tend to be! Every once in a while there is a piece of cute fabric in the remnant bin at Walmart.
I made a couple more aprons this week and mom is coming down to my house sometime today to make aprons. So, when all of the apron creating is done I will certainly post the results.
Rick asked me yesterday when I was going to stop making aprons and I answered that when the sun finally comes out and it gets above freezing I will put away the sewing machine and fabric. I plan on being outside all day every day until next winter! I'm getting a little burned out of sewing or maybe I'm just burned out of winter!
Sierra asked me what I was going to do with all of my aprons. She thought that I should make them and sell them. I told her I couldn't do that because once I make a cute apron, I fall in love with it and I can't part with it. I become like Summer and want to wear them everywhere--even to bed. So, Sierra suggested that I start making ugly aprons and then it would be easier to part with them when they are finished. Now, that's an idea!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Haha! That's awesome---good luck making some ugly ones, though. I have a feeling your creative talent would find a way to make even ugly fabric look cute!

Jana Nielson said...

Hi! I found your blog via Sassy Apron Swap blog! I just bought 4 yards of that fabric at Joanns for 40% off. I love it!!
Every time I make another apron my kids ask, "Who is that one for?" It is always (almost) for me...guess I need to make some uglies now!!

Shannon said...

Hi Kelli! This is Kristine's friend Shannon. Just wanted to say that I LOVE the aprons you have made. I've been on this kick of wanting to really learn how to cook. It seems that having an apron really helps, it makes it official in my own little world that I'm a good cook - which in the real world, I'm not. My poor husband has to suffer through all my cooking endeavors. Anyway, just wanted to say that I like those aprons and I would love to learn how to make them. :)