Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunday School

So, I'm sitting in Sunday School and it's near the end of the lesson and my mind is wandering a bit (I'll tell you where in a minute) when the teacher asks a questions and then calls on me. I'm on the back row and I look up with a totally blank stare. Sister Carter says, "C'mon Sister Herlevi (how does she know my name--she must be the only one in the ward who knows it), you know the answer." I'm thinking, "are you kidding, I don't even know the question." She says, "here's a clue, it's one of the pictures on the board." There are 4 pictures on the board. Since we are studying 1Nephi and there are 3 pictures on the board from that book, I figure I've got a 1 out of 3 chance. My friend sitting next to me gives me the elbow and whispers, "Joseph Smith". Sooo, I take a wild guess and mumble, "Joseph Smith" which was not one of three that I would have guessed. Bingo! Good thing the girl sitting next to me was paying attention. I owe ya one, Rebekah. My neighbor from across the road is sitting on the row in front of me and he turns around and says, "Good thing that was you and not me, I was totally asleep!" Serves me right for day dreaming during Sunday School. I promise I will come home and study the lesson before I go to sleep tonight.
But, this is what I was thinking about... how grateful I am for prayer and the 17 prayers that I have said throughout the day tonight to help me and Cole to make it through church since his track record for going to Nursery is 0 for 4 for 2008. I was remembering taking Cole out into the hall at the end of the Sacrament Meeting and saying a little prayer with him that he would obey his teacher. I was thinking how nicely he went into his classroom and sat quietly at the little table before he grabbed the truck out of McCade's hands. So, even though my mind was wandering during Sunday School at least I wasn't thinking about the icy cold diet Coke that was sitting out in the Honda waiting for me.
oh, and when I went to the Nursery room at the end of our meetings, Cole didn't want to leave. Maybe we said one too many prayers!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hallelujah!!! My Sunday blog was boring compared to yours. I was laughing. Just what I needed on a Monday morning before I take a test about medical Spanish which I know nothing about.