Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fat Tuesday

Here are the king cakes before they went into the oven. The dough was really stiff and I didn't even come close to adding all of the flour. Hum, I must have done something wrong...











This is what they looked like when they came out of the oven. I skipped the traditional cinnamon roll type of filling and I went for the yummy cream cheese and fruit filling. The top one has blue berries and the bottom one that is oozing all over the pan is a blackberry filling. Oh, it's yummy.
Cole helped me decorate the poor pathetic king cakes this morning. This is EXACTLY how they are supposed to look. (don't comment if you're from MS, please)
You can see little Cole in the back ground with his plastic baby. He was a little bit confused why we were shoving plastic babies into the cakes. The girls are so excited to dig and see who gets the baby.

I just realized that I forgot to order the plastic beads. We used to get so many of those darn things from school and parties. I had bags of them up on the shelf in the toy closet. I got rid of them all when we moved. I'd be hard pressed to find one single strand of beads in this house today. I'm kind of glad that they are not accumulating here like they did in MS.

Happy to you, Fat Tuesday!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nickie said...

Looks yummy!! My sister sent Caroline a King Cake from Gambino's bakery and it was YUMMY...strawberry cream cheese filling. Best King Cake I have ever had! MMMMMM Happy Mardi Gras!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Wow---I've never had those before and I'm drooling.