Sunday, February 8, 2009

Scripture Stories

This happened a few weeks ago, but I just remembered it and wanted to get it recorded...
There was an activity at the Church and the kiddos got to go have breakfast and meet their new teachers for the new year.  They had to fill out a little information sheet so that their new teachers could get to know them a little better.  Since Cole is still learning his ABC's, I had to help him write down some of his answers, ok, all of his answers.  There were questions like favorite color, favorite food, and because it was for church, favorite scripture story.  I prompted Cole a bit about his favorite scripture story... David and Goliath, Daniel in the Lion's Den, Noah's ark... you know those larger than life type of stories that I figured would stick in a little kid's head.  He looked at me like "what are you thinking, Mom?" and said Paul Bunnion.
whoops, I forgot about that one.  It took me by such surprise that I think I actually wrote it down. hum, maybe we'll be spending a little bit more time reading scripture stories.
And BTW, this is the last time that all 3 of my kids will attend a primary activity together because in 5 short months Summer will turn 12 and she'll be outta there.
 

2 comments:

Carroll Family said...

We just missed having 5 in primary at once - Erin left in Sept. (but completely in December) and Kelcie went in in January. What's funny is I wonder how many kids these days even know the story of Paul Bunnion!

Kristine said...

That still makes me laugh!!! It's almost as priceless as the "what is this thing?" & basketball story. I love that boy!