Thursday, February 26, 2009

Let it be known...

We had our dog first.
I didn't vote for Obama, but I like him a little more today than I did yesterday.  The first family has adopted a Portuguese Water Dog for their family pet.  The chose a PWD because of their medium size and good nature.  They are also hypoallergenic.  Senator Ted Kennedy was influential in their decision--he owns two PWD's himself.  
They might name the dog Frank.  Real original.  I prefer Hooee.  Here is where that name comes from...Summer went to Head Start in Michigan.  We had to meet with her teacher about half way through the year.  She said that Summer was a great student and was a very creative story teller.  She was constantly telling stories about her dog named Hooee.  Rick and I looked at each other and laughed.  We looked back at the teacher and explained to her that we didn't have a dog.  At least not a real dog.  Our family has had an imaginary dog named Hooee for about 7 years.  I just seemed natural that when we finally got a dog his name had to be Hooee.
Pronounced...  Who-E.   

4 comments:

Amara said...

...and let it be known happy birthday! ...and I went to the sweet shoppe (what's the real name again?) in Provo, but got caught up in trying to place an order for a catering job, and walked out of there with NOTHIN'! I didn't notice until I was driving away. I felt gypped. It was so pretty in there too --with the chandelier and silk couch etc.

Jess said...

Happy Birthday yesterday! I hope you had a good one. We woke up to snow here in SLC, don't know if you did in UT county. Didn't help much with the winter blahs here. But having a birthday makes for a good day no matter what the weather is.

Leslie said...

We went to UVRMC. Doesnt your hubby work there. The only reason I know that is because when my brother got into a motorcycle accident I was looking at his prescrip and saw his name on it. We saw Dr. Hooker.

Jess said...

hey! where'd you go?