Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Peace Toes

Peace Toes is what my dr. called my foot yesterday when I went in.  This is what he said about the whole thing.  The incision that follows down my big toe is where they did the bunionectomy.  It is healing, but not as straight as he would have liked.  He said that it may not ever bother me, but in the X-ray he can see that the end where my toe is is elevated an extra 2 millimeters.  The joint where my big toe connects is very stiff.  I have to work it and bend it at least twice  day or Hello Physical Therapy.    THEN, the spot where my peace toes are is where the nueroma was located.  It still hurts.  Like it did before surgery.  that makes me nervous.  The dr. said that they are still separated because of so much swelling (maybe because I was supposed to use crutches the entire time I had the black boot on, but I only used them for about half of the time.  oooops).  The joint of the #2 toe is rotated a little bit and almost dislocated.  Hopefully that is not permanent.  The ball of my foot is KILLING me.  The dr. said he did a lot of work in a little space and the fact that there is still pain and swelling is understandable.  You can kind of see how much swelling there is when you look at both feet together.
The dr. said absolutely no running for 4 more weeks until I can go back and have him check it.  Yeah right, like I would try to run.  First, it hurts too bad and second, I can barely walk.  How in the world can I run?
So, I hurt.  a lot more than I thought I would.
I am nervous that this problem/pain is permanent.
I am impatient.
I am tired of winter.

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Holy smokes, man. Ouch. And ouch with the worry. I really hope it settles down some and feels better before your next appt. That's scary to be worrying and hurting so much.

Leslie said...

Thats not good! Im sorry. Poor thing. YEah, I dont think mr doc needs to worry about you running! OUCH! Get better!

Jacobson Five said...

So are you done wearing the boot. It is so high fashion it would be sad if you had to part with that. Are you going to be ready for Tae-Bo in 10 weeks? It will take me at least that long.