Wednesday, January 18, 2012

B & W

This is a little quilt that I recently finished.  It was a project that I was kinda doing with my mom.
She has one that is exactly the same, just a little bit bigger and a slightly different boarder.


Here is a close up of the quilting.
This quilt is a lap quilt size which means to me that it is perfect for watching TV (which I don't do much of) and snuggling on the chair with Cole in the mornings while we wait for him to go out to the bus.

Here is a view of what the back looks like.  I just sewed a white strip down the middle of the quilt to break things up.  Kinda unpredictable, like I tend to be sometimes.
I also did the entire binding on the sewing machine on this quilt so I could practice before I did it on something big. 
 It's not perfect, but I get better each time I do it.
I didn't like the way it looked at first, but after it's washed and dried and shrinks up a bit, it looks pretty good.
Plus, it saves so much time.  Hand sewing the binding takes forever.  at least for me.
I don't know that I will do machine binding every time, but at least now I know that it's an option.  
And who is really looking at the binding on the backside anyway?
More to come...Summer's finished quilt and Sierra's beginnings of a quilt.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You are amazing, Kelli! When I grow up Im gonna be like you! You make the cutest stuff!!! I just love it!