Friday, October 10, 2008

comfort food

OK, so I needed a little snack last night and it needed to be something I hadn't had for a while (because of the infamous "diet").  So, I searched and searched and I still couldn't find a hidden stash of cookies left over from the wedding lunch.  So, I considered my options and went for a piece of bread.  WHITE bread.  Can you believe it, Mom? White bread at MY house.  I ever so gently slid a piece of bread out of the bag.  I didn't want to drop even a crumb.  I looked in the cupboard for the ultimate comfort food-Nutela.  But, I remembered that Rick hid it.  From Me.  Because I told him to.  He did a good job.  He probably took it over to Amara's for safe keeping.  Smart Boy.  So, I went for the next best thing.  Homemade raspberry jam.  Made by me.  On white bread.  So GOOD.  I think I need another piece.  Oh yea, the comfort I need is that summer is over and winter will be here tomorrow.  And then i will drink hot chocolate with my raspberry jam and white bread.

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Mmmm, that does sound tasty...wish I had some homemade raspberry jam right now, too.

Amara said...

Riiiigggghhht. It would be safe over here. Maybe I should call Rick and suggest it. I could use a treat1