Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day


Ok, I know Earth Day was yesterday. But I wanted to get this posted anyway. I have lived in my house for 3 years and I am proud to say that I have not ever purchased Window Cleaner since moving into this house.
Instead this is what I use: homemade window cleaner. (1 c. water + 1 c. alcohol + 2 T. vinegar)
I know that I could use newspaper to eliminate streaks, but I don't. It just seems like it would make my hands dirty. Some people do not like to use a recipe like this because of the smell of the vinegar. But it only lasts a few seconds and it really doesn't bother me at all. I think it works great. I get water spots on the shower glass in my bathroom and I really think that the vinegar helps get the water deposits off the glass very easily.
It's a bit cheaper, too. That is always nice.
There are other recipes out there. Some are extra strength and have other ingredients like ammonia. I haven't really needed anything more than what I have been using so I haven't tried them.
Sorry Earth. the homemade dishwasher detergent was a bust. I won't even try that again.

1 comment:

Carroll Family said...

Cool! But, what about the cool blue color? JK I think I would love this - I love the smell of vinegar - it makes my mouth water! I'd have to remember not to drink it!