Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sorry Sam...

I cannot buy your bread any more.
I usually buy the double pack of bread at Sam's Club for 2.74, but with the rising cost of grocery prices I am taking a stand and I am no longer willing to buy bread.  I am going to make it.  (wow, that sounds scary even to me).  I have spent the past little while searching for good bread recipes.  and I am now ready to attempt to make bread.  This is such a scary undertaking for me.  I am not a good friend of yeast.  I have limited experience with this fussy little critter.  So, my first attempt at a loaf of homemade bread is an amish white bread.  Sounds easy enough.  In the meantime I will let you in on my only other success with yeast:  Lion House Rolls!!  Yum. 

2 comments:

Jacobson Five said...

Good for you. Practice makes perfect, you'll get it down real soon. I still don't care how much bread is $2 is worth the 4 hours it takes to make a darned loaf of bread.

Unknown said...

Just when I think I'm doing ok and might be up to par in life. . . I read your blog. You are always doing something awesome. I too, have always shied away from bread and roll, I don't know why. Give me courage, groceries and gas are breaking me. When I have to pay ten bucks for two gallons of milk and a carton of eggs I want to choke. I guess I choke often.