Thursday, April 3, 2008

Book Review...


I just finished this book.  It took about 3 days.  It was good.  I would totally recommend it if you love anything Jane Austen.  However, if you are a huge Jane Austen fan you have probably already read this book.  The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was too short.  I have been around Summer too long and I need books that are long and take a week or two to complete.  So, now I need to find another book.  Maybe I will read a Jane Austen novel.  I read Pride and Prejudice in college, but I haven't read any Austen books since.  Any recommendations? 
PS.  Shannon Hale is the sister of a good friend of mine named Katie that I met in Michigan.  I would recommend any other Shannon Hale book that you can get your hands on as well.

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I definitely love Jane Austen's stuff. I'll have to check it out. I'm in a funk over books to recommend right now. If you are at all into action/adventure novels, Clive Cussler's are good.

Jacobson Five said...

Hey, do you own that book. I have been wanting to read it forever. My sister-in-law keeps telling me I can borrow it, but to no avail. I do recommend Jane Austen. I have read all of her books but one. You are welcome to borrow them, let me know.

Kristine said...

I have to agree that it was too short. I'm still working on that one from my break that's 900+ pages. I have to say that the Herlevi family is a bunch of nerds. No short books for us & we always read the same things. I would go with Persuasion for your first Austen, & then we can watch the Master Piece Theater version when I'm visiting for a girls night (I'll bring it home).