Saturday, December 29, 2007
Friday, December 28, 2007
Another 3 pounds are from the trip to Seattle and Vancouver Island where Rick thought it was necessary to test out every single bakery on the way (and my oh my that Beehive pastry from the Goat on the Roof store was delightful). OK, so we've accounted for 6 pounds that leaves another 7 pounds that have shown up out of nowhere. I think I will blame it on the Mapleton water, although if I were just drinking the Mapleton water I would weigh seven pounds less instead of seven pounds more. I've decided that living in Mapleton is like living on the moon and I just weigh more because of gravity. Except that if it really were like living on the moon I would weigh less instead of more. So, I guess I will just stop making excuses and take full responsibility for every one of those 13 pounds. I brought it upon myself one cookie at a time.
So, this is what we are going to do about it:
no more treats, except on Treat Day. That worked great for us in Michigan it's just that now we're in Mapleton every day is Treat Day.
Another thing that I'm super excited about is the wonderful Christmas present that Rick and I got: a tread mill, a rowing machine, a stair stepper, an elliptical machine, free weights, and more. All we have to do is go down the street about a mile and a nice man named Dave will let us use all this stuff for about $50 a month, plus we can use it 24 hours a day 365 days a week. You guessed it--a gym pass. It's the closest thing to the convenience and atmosphere that we liked in MS at the YMCA plus the comfort and style of the Genesys Athletic Club in MI.
I got new running shoes a few weeks ago and the kids got me new exercise clothes for Christmas, so we should be set.
The last thing I need to do is to finish off all of the pumpkin pie in the fridge, chips in the pantry and chocolates in the cupboard so that we can get off to a great start on New Years. I just need to get over this nasty head cold so that I can workout without coughing up a lung. Wish us luck.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
So, next time you see a troll, just laugh and think of Papa Kent.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? gift bags. My mom was a gift wrapper at ZCMI for years and years. Her packages were always decorated to the nines. I was so intimidated, I was lucky to get my gifts wrapped at all.
2. Real tree or artificial? artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? the day after Thanksgiving
4. When does the tree come down? The day after Christmas if I can wait that long.
5. Do you like eggnog? love it. Reminds me of my dad when he would bring it home and add a little bit of 7up.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? package from Grandma each year. She'd wrap a toothbrush and tooth paste, a few other little odds and ends, add in a US saving bond, and wrap up the whole thing. We loved opening the little individual packages.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? yes
8. Hardest person to buy for? RICK
9. Easiest person to buy for? Summer
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? morning sickness, thanks Summer
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? I love to get a letter in the mail, I'll keep sending them as long as stamps are less than $1
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas vacation, although I'm realizing that the kids don't need to watch it with me.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? January
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Christmas, no
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? peacan pie, ponoche, oranges, sugar cookies
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent night
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? HOME
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? yes, and it's Donder, by the way
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? leaving cookies for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer
24. Up early or sleeping in? sleep in, please
25. Who hands out the gifts? the person who happens to be closest to the tree
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? He used to at the Robison's, but not at the Herlevi's causing quite a controversy over the years.
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? yes
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? yes, and milk--skim
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Elf poop anyone? *snicker*
Elf Yourself! - tee hee hee
Which of Santa's Reindeer are you?- Fun quiz
What's your Elf Name? - Fun quiz
Northpole - Fun for the kiddos
Make a snowflake - LOVE this one! If you ever watned to really make an out of this world snowflake - try this site! It's addiciting and so FUN!
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Santa was at the BYU Museum of Art this morning for a Nutcracker Christmas Activity. Cole was so intent on his bag of candy that he wouldn't even look up at Santa or the camera. Santa let out a big, "Hohoho" and Cole was still focued on the candy. I'm sure it was because he knew that Santa was going to ask if he's been a good little boy this year. He got off Santa's lap without moving his eyes off his candy bag or saying one word. (I wish he was that quiet at chruch).
Summer and Sierra jumped into the picture while Cole was still sitting on Santa's lap and his gaze still did not move from the candy.
Sierra told Santa that she wants a my littlest pet something or another. I guess I better figure out what that is.
Summer wants a DS and is way too big to sit on Santa's lap. I remember taking her to see Santa at KCOM when she was Cole's age. She cried and didn't want anything to do with Santa.
On November 23, there was a reunion for the football players who played on the Championship Football team. It was headed up by Carter Rockwood who did a fantastic job running the evening. He gave a recap of many of the players and what they have done since 1987. Rick and I were glad to know that we weren't the fattest or baldest.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Now we both have short hair. Yippee.
Next, Rick went to his work meeting yesterday. He has been at Utah Valley Emergency Physicians for 18 months. They voted, and he is now a partner, effective January 1. Double Yippee.
And, he ran 6+ miles yesterday.
What's a skunk's favorite song?
What do Christmas Tree drink at a party?
Where did Mr. Moose kiss Mrs. Moose?
under the moosletoe.
What's a duck's favorite ballet?
What's a grape's Christmas greeting?
'Tis the season to be jelly
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Cole loves tractors more than any other thing in the entire world. I may be partly to blame for painting his room "tractor yellow". Or maybe Rick is responsible because when he was young he wanted to be a "John Deere Man" when he grew up. I guess it's in his genes.