Sunday, December 7, 2008

one more


This was beautiful, however I would not recommend driving the "road to Hana"
4 out of 5 memebers of our adventure group were sick in the first hour. One little boy had to wear his swimsuit most of the day because he lost his lunch on the road to Hana.

ADDED LATER:
This was taken in Hana.  (don't we look a little bit green?)  I think Rick was the only one who wasn't sick.  I kept feeling an upset stomach and my head hurt.  I kept loosening the clip in my hair thinking it was giving me a headache.  Then my headache got worse when Cole puked up his breakfast of Doritos and lemonade (it is a vacation afterall!!)  
off the edge and to the left is the black sand beach, which I thought was really cool! 
  

5 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Thanks for the warning - we would have everybody sick, then, too.

Amara said...

What island are you guys on? The picture looks just like the grounds of the hotel we stayed at. Come home-- we miss you. just kidding. It's snowing right now.

Jacobson Five said...

Yes we have done the road to Hana as well. I was seriously trying to decide if I should take the helicopter ride back. I did not do well. Slow windy roads are not my thing, and who knew that it would take 4 hours to drive 30 miles.

Galo Fab 5 said...

I've driven that rode before. We had mini vans and left the side doors open the whole time. Miraculously no one got sick in our group and there were about 20 of us. I actually enjoyed the drive! We had a local with us and stopped at a lot of places. Hope you weren't one of the sick ones.:)

missliss5/Melissa said...

Soo sorry to hear the road to Hana wasn't nice to you. I'm glad I don't get car sick and sorry to hear it was rough on you guys! Super twisty, huh?