Sunday, November 2, 2008

Warning

It's a new month so I am warning you that I am being overtaken by some new obsessions:  Crocheting and Food Storage.  Now don't go thinking that I'm leaving some of my old obsessions for good (you know, gardening, canning, aprons).  I just like to keep my obsessions rotated--kind of like food storage.
Speaking of rotating food storage, I was on the eliptical machine the other day (my new best exercise friend) and I was watching Jon&Kate plus 8 .  Kate was feeling momentarily insane and thought it would be fun to make play dough for the younger kids--all 6 of them--which is really kind of like having Cole around for the afternoon.  Here was her recipe for edible playdough:

equal parts:
honey
powdered milk
peanut butter
  
and really it just tastes like peanut butter cookie dough...so I hear.  Maybe next time I'll use crunchy peanut butter...
And just to keep the record straight, last week I canned tomato juice, a ton of tomatillo salsa and some mustard relish.  As my green tomatoes ripen I am going to finish the harvest season with marinara sauce for freezing.
And just in case you wondered, the fall weather here has been wonderful.  It was all I could do to keep from turning on the air conditioner yesterday.  It was THAT hot.  But, not for long.
Leaves - All Seasons

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

We saw that one, too, and I was laughing because we have that recipe as a good-for-the-kids treat and you roll it into little balls. I thought it was a funny way to do play-dough.

Amy said...

Hi Kelli,

I remembered about 15 minutes ago that you had left the post on my blog about mailing my apron. I ran out to our box and it was there! I love it! My grandma had one like it, too. I even bought a pattern last week to make one just like it, but messed up the pattern when I was cutting it. Thanks again, I think I have a new favorite!

LOVE your blog, I'm going to add it to my reader.

Amy said...

Oh, and thanks for the recipes. I can't wait to try the gingerbread one from Nauvoo.

Amara said...

OK, I guess the crocheting and food storage are REALLY taking over. Where have you been? Miss you (and your posts).