Saturday, November 22, 2008

Pecan Pie

This is Pecan Pie recipe that I use every year.  It came from my friend, Lora, who got it from a school teacher friend in Kirksville, MO.  I have lost this recipe before and I had to email all of my k'ville buddies one year while I was in Utah to get a copy of the recipe and save the whole holiday celebration.  I think it was LeAnn that finally helped me save the day with the recipe.  Thanks!!
i decided to post this recipe and I got out my recipe folder and I couldn't find the recipe.  I got a little frantic.  So, now it is posted here for me to always have access to my recipe.  Unless the power is out.  But, if it is I probably wouldn't be making a pie.

1/2 c. butterscotch chips
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/2 c. light corn syrup
1 1/2 c. pecan halves
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Scatter butterscotch chips and pecan halves into pie shell.  In medium bowl, beat together butter, sugar, corn syrup and eggs.  Pour over nuts and chips.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and then place a piece of foil over it.  And bake for remaining 45 minutes. Cool before serving.  Don't eat the entire thing in one sitting.


2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Oh my gosh. I LOVE pecan pie. And I haven't tried this recipe! WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

Amara said...

MMMM. Butterescotch chips. this sounds like a GREAT idea. I may have to steal this recipe. I make pecan pie most years, but I've never heard of this version. Thanks for not being exclusive!