Tuesday, July 8, 2008

prayer request for Mr. Henry

I just got this email from my friend, Shaun, in Mississippi. Summer is upstairs crying.
Here is the email:
Hey, all...we were just outside and Mr. Henry drove by and stopped to visit. For those of you who have not had the absolute blessing of knowing Mr. Henry, he is one of the sweetest people I have ever known. He has been my boys bus driver since they were in the first grade. Every year he gives every child that rides his bus $5 for their birthday...and if their b-day is in the summer he mails it to them. He gives them little gifts for every occasion...Christmas, Easter, Valentines. HE IS PRECIOUS! He found out he has cancer and it is in his lymph nodes. They are not sure where it started originally, but they think it might have been his tonsils. He will have radiation in his throat tomorrow which will make it very difficult for him to eat. Tomorrow he will have a port put in so he can take chemo. With all this going on with his health...he has worried about the kids that ride his bus since he obviously won't be driving at the beginning of school. Please say many prayers for complete healing for our beloved Mr. Henry and pray that his treatment will not be too horrible. I hate to think of that sweet man suffering for one minute.
Many thanks, Shaun

I agree with Shaun. He is the sweetest man I have ever met. I remember him calling on the Sunday evening before Hurricane Katrina struck Mississippi. He wanted to call each child who rode his bus to let them know that school had been canceled and that he would not be there to pick them up for school in the morning. If I was ever at the school in the afternoons for one reason or another, Summer would always choose to ride the bus home with Mr. Henry rather than ride home with me. Sierra would always be out waiting for the bus and Mr. Henry would always be sure to say "Hello". He still sends us Christmas cards and we send school pictures of the girls to him. We will keep him in our prayers as well.
(I have a cute picture of Mr. Henry on Summer's last day of school in Mississippi, however Blogger and my computer are still not getting along so just use your imagination again.)

1 comment:

missliss5/Melissa said...

That breaks my heart. Putting a name and life story and matching that up to the word cancer makes you feel the devasation he and his family are dealign with. What a precious man. I will share his story with my kids tonight and we'll pray as a family for him.