Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day 6k

I talked Bryan into running the Thanksgiving day 6k. It has been an Orem tradition for 27 years. Bryan wondered how he could live in the same town his entire life and not know one thing about this popular event that has been happening since before he was born.

I called him the night before to warn him of the low temps. He said, "you didn't tell me this thing was outside." Where in the world did you think that 1000+ people were going to run 4 miles, Bryan?


Kristine and Teresa ran with us. We didn't stick around long eneough after the finish to find out how high we placed. I'm sure they'll print the winner's names in the paper or knock on the door with my trophy or something. I guess I'll just have to wait.








Mile Marker #2. I ran the entire 4 miles. I was so proud of myself for not needing to stop and walk. It was 23 degrees outside when we got ready to go. But, once the sun came up and we got that first 1/2 mile behind us, we were toasty. Can't wait until next year.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jessica F. said...

I am impressed! I am pretty sure I couldn't even run 1k...but I can speed walk with the best of them!

missliss5/Melissa said...

Kelli! I didn't know you had a Blog, too! Now I've put it in my favorites so I can keep up with the happenings with your crew. I clicked on your name to find your email address and found this link. ANYWAY---great job with the race! And tooo funny about both of our guys being so thrilled with a profession where they can practically wear pj's to work!