Wednesday, November 21, 2007

pie making


I started making pies on Tuesday so that in case they didn't turn out OK, I would have time to run to a bakery somewhere and locate a pie. I have had the responsibility of making the Thanksgiving Pecan Pies for several years now. I got a good recipe when I lived in Kirksville and my dad loved it. So, every year I have made a Pecan Pie for my dad. Making pies reminds me of my dad, especially at Thanksgiving. I talked to Bryan on the phone a few days ago and all he wanted to know was if I was going to make a pecan pie for thanksgiving. He would probably be OK with a PB&J for dinner as long as there was pecan pie.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelli said...

The pie total has reached 9 including the little ones. If I see another pie for the rest of the year I will scream.