Saturday, May 16, 2009

Another good book...

Book of a Thousand DaysI just finished reading this book, too.  At first I didn't think I would like it, but I stuck with it and it was fun, quick, and easy.  I like to read books like this so I can have some books to recommend to my kids.  Summer finished the book she was reading yesterday, so she started this one last night.  
This book is by Shannon Hale (Goose Girl fame).  I had a friend when I lived in Michigan named Katie.  Katie's sister is Shannon.  Katie had a copy of Goose Girl, Chapter 1 printed from her computer when I was at her house one day.  So, I read it.  At the time Shannon was a poor struggling writer trying to get her book published.  It was a few years later when she finally got it published and I got to read the rest of the book.  I have read some of her other books as well:

Enna Burning
Princess Academy
River Secrets
Austenland

So, I recommend any of these books.  They are pretty easy reading, fairy tale type stories.
rated G.

1 comment:

Carroll Family said...

Erin loved both Princess Academy and Goose girl