Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A day of fishing...

You might not know this about me, so here is a little story to go along with my fishing pictures. I decided to tell a story because at this little fishing outing there are no photos of me. I was there. Sitting in the truck. With ice on my foot that incidently looked like I had a fish hook hanging out of my foot, but I will leave that story for another time. I did have a diet coke and my camera so I took a bunch of fun pictures. Here is my story. I went to BYU where I worked hard. Worked hard at school and worked even harder to pay for my school. So, when I got out of school what did I want to do? More school. Fun school. I took several different classes, some at UVU, some community ed. One of the comm. ed. classes that I took was fly fishing. I conned my brother into taking it with me. He's an awesome fly fisher, too. I was the only girl in the class. There was a grandpa taking the class with his grandson and a bunch of other middle aged men who looked like they belonged behind a computer not a fly rod. Oh well. Our instructor was great. I learned a lot and one of my greatest accomplishments (well, before I got married and had kids) is that I was the very first person in the class to catch a fish. I don't have a picture of that event, however, because somewhere on that outing I lost my camera to the depths of the Provo River. After Rick and I met, we shared this same interest and spent a lot of time fly fishing before we were married and a little after, too. Seems that once we left Utah to go to medical school, we never really had the right environment for the fly fishing we once enjoyed in Utah and I mostly lost interest. and time. kids take a lot of time.

This is a picture of Hooee getting in on the fishing action. He was hesitant at first, but once he realized how shallow the water was, he was jumping in all afternoon. Rick had him completely worn out. It was so funny though because even if he was running and tired and wanted to rest, if Rick threw his toy into the water, he'd run full-speed right back into the water to retrieve his toy.

Nothin' hotter than a left handed fly fisherman.

We mostly just catch and release. This bottom picture is from across the lake (and if you've ever been to Boulger you'll know that when I say lake, I really mean very small body of water) right after Rick let his huge white albino trout go.

I was hoping to get a good picture, but Rick was too quick.

1 comment:

Amara said...

Can you teach me sometime? I'd love to learn that.