Friday, April 10, 2009

Sierra's Turn in the Spotlight





I figured it was time for Sierra's to enjoy the spotlight.  Sierra is just a good, easy kid to have around.  On the rare occasion when she and I are the only ones home, it's so easy to just forget that she's around.  She is so easy going.  She'll do anything, eat anything, wear anything.  She'll even wear unmatching socks, just so that the socks don't feel bad for not being worn because they don't have a match. Unlike her sister, she is so easy to take to the store.  Once I get her there anyway.  Summer is always begging to go shopping.  "I want this....Gimme that...Can I have.."  But, not Sierra.  She keeps her mouth shut and just wanders around, day dreaming and humming to herself.  some times I can even do her Christmas shopping when she is right there with me.  It's so easy.  I remember when  my dad died and we came to Utah.  It was a crazy, hectic time.  Stuff to be done, decisions to be made, people to talk to.  On and on.  It's the one time that I actually forgot to eat and therefore, forgot to feed my kids.  Crazy.  Anyway, I remember Sierra sitting at the counter at my mom's house with one of those mini boxes of raisins just playing with those little shriveled grapes.  She talked and laughed and played with them and every once in a while would pop a raisin in her mouth.  Afterwards we realized that she sat there at the counter for about 3 hours and never bothered another person.  I would buy raisins by the ton if I thought it would keep Cole occupied!!
My favorite thing about SIerra is that I can be doing something in the kitchen or reading in the evenings or whatever and she'll just come up and give me a hug or play with my hair or rub my back.  She snuggles pretty good at night when Rick's at work.    

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

What a sweetheart, if all kids were like her life would be a dream, right?

Amara said...

I love Sierra. She's so patient with my kids too.