Friday, April 10, 2009

Progress...

OK, so I figured that the only way to get Cole to use the potty was to fight him about it.  For about 3 days I talked to him about using the potty "tomorrow".  Well, tomorrow ended up being last Sunday morning.  I told him that it was time to use the potty.  He refused.  so, I refused to put a diaper on him.  He laid on his bedroom floor and yelled and screamed and cried for at least an hour.  I finally gave in and told him that I would put a diaper on him if he would just try to use the potty.  He was fighting me the entire time.  I'm sure the whole neighborhood could hear the commotion coming from our house.  Somehow when he got on the toilet, he managed to pee.  Only a couple of minor accidents this week.  He wants to wear a diaper most of the time, but he's always dry when I remind him to potty.  He's been dry every morning this week as well.  Now I just have to ween him from the diaper during the day.  It's amazing how successful this has been once he finally realized what to do.  
(he's going to really hate me somewhere down the line when he discovers this photo.  I was just so darn happy, I had to record the moment.)

3 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

Good job, Mom! I sooo hate potty training. I remember Jessica being SUCH a pill, too. Dan thought for sure it was ME who had the problem so one time, in a cocky voice he said, "Jessica, since you pooped in your underwear you are going to have to sit in it for an hour." She said, "Ok!" Oy.

Carroll Family said...

YES!!!!! I'm with Melissa - I hate it, and don't do so good in having patience with it.....

Jacobson Five said...

I'm jealous, this 2 in diapers thing is really going to do me in.