Wednesday, April 15, 2009

YW help request

OK, all of my smart friends.  I am in charge of a YW Activity in 2 weeks.  Our Sunday lessons for the next few weeks are about the Priesthood.  So, back in Jan. when we planned out the 6 month calendar we assigned one of our activities to be a "Priesthood Night". 
Can you think of something that the girls could do?  It can be a game, a guest speaker, an activity of any kind really.
The Beehives have really been rockin' with our activities the past few months.  everyone wants to be a Beehive.  It's so awesome.  So, I just wanted to keep up the momentum and do something really cool.  I asked a member of the bishopric who is over the YW program if he had any inspiration for us and he recommended using the Joseph Smith book (RS & Priesthood Lessons) for our resource.   
So, if you have any great ideas, send them my way.  Also, if you want to hike the "Y" on Tuesday at 5:30 let me know.

4 comments:

The Pixton Family said...

You could do a fun game to see if the YW can list the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. Also, we just had our Stake Patriarch come and talk about receiving Patriarchal Blessings- the YW really liked it.

missliss5/Melissa said...

This might not be what you are looking for, but at a filler for part of one of the priesthood lessons this past Sunday we used some stuff from here:

http://www.theideadoor.com/General%20Conference%20Page.html

I went here to print off all kinds of activities for my kids to do during conference. There are bingo cards, general authority word searches, and this one:

http://www.theideadoor.com/General%20Confrence/Who%20am%20I%201.gif

that would help us get to know the individual apostles better.

Amara said...

I don't have an idea, but sugardoodle.net is GREAT. Search by YW activities and then topic. They get tons of contributions from all over. Never let me down yet. P.S. I'm sorry I forgot to stop by and get your plants today. We'll get back up there soon.

Julie said...

what about a father/daughter activity or call it a priesthood party if you have girls who wouldn't have a dad in the home and could invite their uncle, grandfather, or home teacher instead.