Saturday, June 14, 2008

french fries vs. ice cream

yesterday I had to run a bunch of errands and I ended up across the street from Arctic Circle for one of my stops.  How could we be that close and not stop in.  So we did.  It was early for lunch but that doesn't seem to be a problem for us.  It was quiet, we had the dining room to ourselves for a bit so we kind of acted like we owned the place (nothing new--we act that way any time we stop in!)  We got 2 hamburgers, an order of chicken fingers (we always get the small, broken, reject pieces so that the real, paying customers don't have to get stuck with them--isn't that nice of us) and we got an order of French Fries.  We ate and chatted with Lanny, then it got busy so Lanny got busy, too.  The kids wanted ice cream.  Summer wanted a sundae so I got each of them their own 1/2 sized sundae.  Summer chose hot fudge, Sierra had caramel, and Cole had caramel + Oreo because that is the flavor that my dad would have chosen--we were after all sitting in "His Booth".  I was watching them eat their ice cream and I had a couple of bites of Cole's.  I was trying to decide if I should just go get my own ice cream.  But I decided that no matter what I will always love French Fries with Fry Sauce more than ice cream.  The 2 bites I had of Cole's were enough to satisfy me.  However, it was all I could do to keep myself from running back to the fry bin and scooping myself up my very own order of hot, salty fries and eating them all by myself.  I didn't do it.  But, boy I wanted to.
What would you choose French Fries or ice cream?  

8 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

It's a no brainer, my friend. For as long as I can remember, I LOVE dipping my french fries into my soft serve ice cream and eating it. Oooooh, yeah. Gotta have them both and dip

Merrills said...

French fries without question. There is nothing better than hot, salty fries. I could live on them - I'd be 500 pounds but I could eat nothing but fries for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied. PS - I'm supposed to be getting my lesson ready for YW tomorrow but now I'm going to have to make a run for some fries!

Carroll Family said...

FRENCH FRIES with FRY SAUCE!!! Woo-hoo! There's finally a place down here that serves fry sauce, so we got there for ice cream and I always have to get french fries with fry sauce!

Kristine said...

They are seriously my 2 favorite foods. I would have to go with the fries & fry sauce, followed by a chaser of chocolate PB ice cream from Baskin Robbins. But really, the ice cream all depends upon the flavor; I would rather cut off my left arm than have ice cream with nuts in it (like burnt almond fudge) or one of those ripple ice creams that my dad loves so much. So, I guess I would have to go for the fries after all. Too bad it's Sun; I would be to the nearest fast food joint in a heartbeat.

Amara said...

I'm wondering why you wasted any time on the hamburgers or chicken pieces at all. If I'm going fast food, I get a shake and fries or a shake and onion rings, ok, or fries AND ice cream. If I'm going down, I lick all the candy wrappers on my way. Like the hamburger on white buns or deep fried chicken is any batter for you. At least that's how I justify. So glad to see a new post. I check you every day.

Jessica F. said...

Way too hard of a decision!!!

Jacobson Five said...

I think I would have to say Ice cream. Both are very good for you, so of course both are very tasty

Galo Fab 5 said...

If I'm at Artic Circle it would definitely be ice cream (a fudge brownie shake to be exact) anywhere else I would pick fries with fry sauce only. K so what is your history with Artic Circle? I've been wondering. And if you have any connections with Spanish Fork- I have had some horrible service there lately. But since I'm addicted to their brownie shakes, I will keep on going and hope it improves!