Friday, February 7, 2014

More about names...


Ethel Norton Dalton
I have been reading my scriptures on my new iPad that I got for Christmas and so I haven't accessed Gospel Library on my phone for a while.  When I opened it up today, the page that came up was Chapter 9 from My Heritage.  This is the section that I had highlighted…

George Albert Smith's 42 years in the Quorum of the Twelve were filled with noble service, despite episodes of poor health.  His eyes were damaged by the sun while serving for the railroad in Southern Utah, and surgery failed to correct his near blindness. Increased pressures and demands on his time weakened his frail body, and in 1909 he collapsed from exhaustion. The doctors order of complete rest eroded his self-confidence, created feelings of worthlessness, and aggravated tension.
During this difficult time, George had a dream in which he saw a beautiful forest near a large lake.  After he had walked some distance through the forest, he recognized his beloved grandfather, George A. Smith coming toward him.  George hurried forward, but as his grandfather drew near, he stopped and said, "I would like to know what you have done with my name."  A panorama of his life passed through George's mind and he humbly replied, "I have never done anything with your name of which you need be ashamed."

No comments: