Saturday, September 21, 2013

Update on this guy...

Labor Day at Lanny's house
August 2013 in Scofield
MMHS Homecoming Extravaganza
Sierra's birthday party with the family
Man, this kid has a hard time with change.  I mean, a really hard time.
I was seriously afraid that he was going to get kicked out of school.
Rick went to the school, talked to the principal, talked with the teachers, talked with the counselor.
I have spent my mornings (and afternoons) visiting the school, checking up on the little guy.
We have spent hours reading, working on homework, and the piano...oh the piano.
But, I am happy to report that Cole is still in school.  He is doing better in his classes.  There is still room for improvement.  He is still going to the counselor.  And piano is still a struggle--sometimes.
He is happier, more cooperative, and is overall a much better kid than he was a month ago.
I don't know what the deal is with the beginning of the school year, but I am already dreading August 2014.
Thanks for your support and prayers for this little guy.  It means a lot to us and obviously is a big help to him.

Cole has been so funny recently about aliens.  He overheard us talking about Area 57 a few days ago.
Then he saw some Youtube videos at the neighbors house about ghosts.  He was afraid of his own shadow.
So, he came up to my bed the other night and said, "Mom, are ghosts real?"
We had a little talk about ghosts and then I asked him if he was OK and if there was anything else he wanted to talk about.
He said, "yah, what ARE buffalo wings?"

1 comment:

Amara said...

Buffalo wings. Fabulous. I'm scared of ghosts too. But then you already knew that. Don't tell him. Love him still.