Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dr. Hooker Retirement Dinner at Sundance

 Whenever they have group dinners or anything for Rick's work, he usually lucks out and is working.
We've missed out on things like Carrabas and Chef's Table.
But, not this time BABY.  Dinner at Sundance.
 This was a wedding reception that was happening.
Rick told me not to take pictures of the reception because the girls might see them and get their hearts set on something that he isn't willing to "pick up some extra shifts for".
I just wanted to pretend that we were guests of Art & Rebecca so we could see how the other half lives.

But, our event was across the water in the Redford Room...
 So, this dinner was a retirement party for Keith Hooker.  This was as close as I got to a picture of Dr. Hooker.  The funny thing about it is that I still don't view Dr. Hooker as one of Rick's partners.
Dr. Hooker started in Provo in 1972.  He pretty much started the entire program there.
He took care of almost any kid in the Valley at one time or another when I was growing up.
He had daughters that we close in age to me.  
They went to a different school, but they danced and I danced.  I knew who they were.
So, it's just weird to me still that Rick and Keith are partners.
 The dessert bar.  Not a great picture.  But, I love how they just threw out some boards and some big flat rocks from the River just out the door and plopped some cheesecake on them.  Looks great.  Tasted better.

Here are Cameron and Kim.  Cam and Rick went to school together in Kirksville.  They went to MI to do rotations when we did and we were next door neighbors.  

I couldn't decide which pictures to use.
Cameron kept trying to pose crazy and the poor Sundance lady didn't know how to react.
Brandi helped me pick the outfit.
Good times.  Good food.  I gained 2 pounds.

No comments: