Friday, May 7, 2010

Crock Pot Lasagna

Three-Layer Lasagna
OK, totally not my picture so don't give me credit.

I searched the internet for recipes for Crock Pot Lasagna and there were a bunch.
Mostly, this is how it works:

Spray the sides of the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. (didn't help me, but do it anyways)

Pour in in some spaghetti sauce of your choice to cover the bottom of the pot.

layer with noodles, mozzarella, riccotta, meat, veggies, onions, mushrooms, spinach, olives, the extra baggy of frozen tomatoes from the end of season last year that was found in the back of the freezer.

I used oven ready noodles so they can go in the crock pot straight out of the package--no boiling! But add an extra cup of water because they will absorb all the extra moisture as it cooks.

Most of the instructions suggested that you cook on high for the first hour and then turn the crock pot to low and cook for 5 hours on low. Mine only needed about 3 1/2 on low and it was ready. I turned it down to "keep warm" when the edges were starting to look crispy and the top layer of cheese was slightly brown.

The kids loved it and it was nice to have that done at 11 0'clock in the morning. Next time I would use two of the big jars of sauce (or the equivalent) and do another layer or 2 just so that I had a little more for leftovers because that is how I am.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

lovin the recipes! keep em comin!

Kristine said...

When the fam was down for my graduation, I did a buffalo chicken lasagna, & Summer & Sierra loved it. I have as of yet to make it again due to it being a bit too much for just one person to eat.