Friday, March 19, 2010

We've got a big problem on our hands...

yep. It's Rick. His head is getting too big.

First, let me say that Rick NEVER talks about work. In the 3 1/2 years that he has been at his current job he has only talked about work 2 times that I can remember. I will ask him about his day/night every single time he comes home from work. Now, this is a good thing because of that patient/doctor confidentiality thing. But if you happen to see my husband at work, rest assured that he will NOT come home and tell me how much you weigh or anything. He won't even tell me if he should happen to run into you in the cafeteria. EVER.
But, tonight was different. He came in the door with a grin on his face. I asked him how work was (Friday night). He answered, "Busy". But he was still glowing. I gave him a questioning look and without much prodding he shared a work story with me.
He had a patient waiting for him in a room. They were from the town in which I was born. When the nurse came out of the room she voiced to Rick the concern that the patient had...

He looked too young to be a real doctor.

Are you kidding me? He was practically the oldest guy in his class in medical school.

And the problem is that people have been telling him this for 10 years.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

It's in the genes! I keep on getting told I look like I'm 25...yeah keep on telling me that. I love my patients!