Monday, March 8, 2010

Newborn Kits Update...

(For more information on this project look here)

This is the view of my entry way right now. Things are piling up--in a good way!
There are close to 30 newborn gowns (still need about 10).
4 completed blankets (still need 36).
36 diapers (still need 124).
The pink bag on the right is full of soap. (still need a lot)
Need lots of diaper pins and 40 booties/socks.


I went to JoAnn's today. Somebody should just shoot me. It was crazy mad. Their flannel was on sale for 1.49 a yard. That was almost 75% off. They only sell flannel that cheap once a year and it is usually the day of Thanksgiving. So, what did I do? I bought some flannel. I picked 2 boyish patterns and 2 girlish patterns.
I only had to wait for about 50 minutes to get the fabric CUT. This should be enough flannel for about 14 blankets. I felt like such a dang sewing pro, walking out of JoAnn's having purchased fabric by the bolt. But my arms were shaking from standing there holding it for 50 minutes before they called my number to "cut" my fabric.
This crab pattern was my favorite...a girl in line in front of me was purchasing some. when she was done I asked her if I could have the rest of the bolt. It was just over a yard. I wish there had been more. It was brand new in the store this morning and I bought the very last of it.

The only trouble with the patterns we chose is that I love them and once we get the blankets made I will be in love with them and I will not want to give them away.


I think I will go back later this week and get some more flannel. At 1.49 a yard, I can make a blanket for just over $3. If anyone wants to sew blankets together, let me know.

1 comment:

Jacobson Five said...

I can help, but As long as you know I am not awesome at sewing. Also, where do you get the diapers they want. I was going to get you some, but the ones at walmart did not seem like the right kind.
I can also get you more soap. I'll pick some up next time I'm at Walmart.