Tuesday, January 20, 2009

update

I still can't walk.  Last week I needed a change of scenery.  It was getting pretty boring sitting on the couch.  And the dr. said it was good to get up and get around as much as I could.  so, we went to Sam's Club on Thursday (of course).  Rick said he would get me a "Jazzy" or whatever it's called, but I wanted to get up off my butt so I used crutches.  We bought just a few things that we needed.  It was a quick trip.  Rick said that he would go get the truck and pick me up at the curb.  I told him I would try to hobble out as far as I could.  When I got to the truck I was red faced, out of breath and about to die.  I had to grab a tissue to wipe the sweat from my brow.  Seriously.  The next morning when I woke up my arms and shoulders and back were so sore I thought I was going to die.  but, I needed to use the bathroom so I quickly grabbed my crutches and hobbled to the bathroom, moaning with each step.  How could my arms be so sore?  It was good, though because it took my mind off the pain in my foot, if only for a moment.  As the days go by, my arms AND my foot hurt less and less.  Sort of.  I still cannot put ANY weight on my foot.  I am trying to follow the dr's orders, EXACTLY, because if everything goes perfectly well, I can get this cast off in 2 weeks.  I will still have to wear one of those big black boot things and use crutches, but still that is a huge improvement in my mind.
So, I'm surviving.  thanks for all of your help, support, food, and prayers.  I will survive.  

4 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Recovering is always SLOWER than we want it to be! Good luck - I hope you can get it off soon!

missliss5/Melissa said...

DUDE! You sound like you are so frustrated and like recovery is really miserable. I'm so sorry! It's so hard to be out of commission when Mom's usually run the show. Wish I was there to help you out.

Jacobson Five said...

I'm glad you are doing better (sorry you are not doing great). Hopefully we'll see you up and around soon.

Jason said...

Brandi and I hope you recover quickly.