Saturday, January 10, 2009

I survived...



BARELY.
here is a close up of my toes.  One of them didn't make the picture, but I swear it's in there somewhere.  It seems as though I may have lost the feeling in my 2nd toe, but whatever.  it could be worse.   I asked the dr. before he did the surgery if he had actually performed this procedure before.  He informed me that he had already done 3 of them that morning, but none with the staple situation that I had. The whole "worst case scenario" situation certainly ended up being the case.  It took the dr. 30 extra minutes just to remove the staple that was left from the last surgery.  It had "barbs".  He said everything was fine after he finally went down to Home Depot and picked up the wire cutters.
When I woke up, the nurse asked me what my pain level was.  I said 7 because I knew that they wouldn't let me go home if I said 10.  The nurse patted me and said that she wouldn't let me go home until I was at a 5.  so, the next time she came in I lied and told her 5.  so, they sent me on my way with some ice and pain medication.  I threw up on the way home.  I don't care if that's too much information,  it's true.  For the first 24 hours, my mom, Rick, and the other mother babied me along as they cleaned my house and did the laundry.  Mostly I just wanted to sit and cry, but I knew that wouldn't make anything better.  I'm feeling better now, my pain level is 9.5
PS
Do not bring me cookies.  I'm serious. 

6 comments:

Jess said...

aw man, that looks so painful. I'm sorry! I hope it helps in the long run though. I won't be bringing you cookies, but I will send get well vibes!

Amara said...

OK, no cookies, I can understand that, but maybe some movies? we just got edited versions of Wanted, Die Hard, 3:10 to Yuma, and a couple more we've never seen. Also, you've got to have Rick call me and tell me how you guys are going to manage. Or you if you feel up to it.

Carroll Family said...

I hope your "real" pain level comes down soon! Oh, I really hope this surgery works for you -wish I was close by to help out.

missliss5/Melissa said...

9.5? Shoot, you're well on your way to recovery. Throwing up in the car? Exciting!

Oy....I'm so sorry, Kelli. Absolutely miserable....I so hope you feel dramatically better with each day!

Jacobson Five said...

Hey, I dropped something off on your porch. I tried to call to tell you but no answer. So that was from me. Hope you are doing better. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. I want to help.

Merrills said...

Wow! I hope this doesn't sound insensitve and rude, but I love the cast color! Hope you're feeling back to normal soon - oh, wait. Hope you're feeling great soon! Hope the recovery is quick!