Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've been thinking...

OK. I'm going under the knife in a few days, no, I'm not getting my front yard done.  It's more like the back step or the...whatever...it's my foot.  Nothing exciting.  But, still I'm stinking nervous.  It made me think of a conversation between Summer and my mom from when we were in Hawaii.  Rick and I had taken Cole and gone grocery shopping for an hour or so.  We left Summer and Sierra with Grandma Nanners.  (I swear that is the only time for the entire trip that I left my children with my mother)  Summer immediately started taking over and marching everyone around the condo, cleaning up, organizing, you know, the usual "Summer's in change scene".  Sierra and my mom hid from her for a few minutes and managed to have this little conversation:    My mom asked if Summer does this often.  Sierra said yes.  and that they would be fine if I ever died.  Summer would just take right over and not skip a beat.  Everything would be taken care of by Summer.  The only problem would be when the "new Mom" came along, if Summer and "the new Mom" would be able to get along.  Sierra said the whole thing without even a second thought.  
Are you kidding, I'm not even dead yet, and the kids have it all planned out.  Maybe I should take applications for "the new Mom" just in case something happens.  I wouldn't want Summer and "the new Mom" to differ on opinions, like who is really in charge, or anything.
yeah, so it makes me think that when I go to the hospital in a few days, maybe I should leave a list or something.  Maybe they won't even notice I'm gone... 

2 comments:

missliss5/Melissa said...

:) Veronica would totally be the same way--jump right in and get things done. Makes us feel real useful and needed, huh? Although...I'd like to think our girls learned it from us...right? I hope your surgey goes smoothly, Kelli!

Jacobson Five said...

I wasn't aware that you were going under the knife, when is the big day. What can I do to help you out? Do you need any meals, should I call the relief society? Let me know. I'm serious. Give me a ring.