Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I've done it again...

I have this little habit of trying to be organized and in doing so create "a special place" for very important items.  For example, right before my wedding I wanted to make sure I was organized for the big day.  I made "a special place" for my living ordinance recommend that I needed for the temple.  I got up at 4:00 am to get ready for the big day and what do you know?  Time to get ready to leave and I do not have the recommend.  We looked EVERYWHERE and by everywhere I even mean driving to Arctic Circle to look for it, since I had spent 40 hours working the week before I got married.  UGHH.  No luck.  We didn't find it.  However, because my family had been to the Provo Temple to be sealed to our parents just 3 days earlier, the Provo Temple had a copy of my recommend.  Whew.  We called and they were able to fax a copy to Salt Lake just in the nick of time.  The funny thing is that about 5 days later I found my recommend tucked away neatly in a little box that I had planned to take to the temple but decided not to at the last minute.  I still have that original recommend in my scrapbook.  I was later accused of faking the whole event just so that I could have the original to put in the scrapbook, can you believe it?

Anyways, the special item that I cannot find today is the checkbook.  I'm sure I put it in a special place so that I would know exactly where it is when I need to pay some bills, but I have looked everywhere I can't seem to remember where the special place is.  Darn, I guess I won't pay the bills.
Have a good day.   


update:  I am also missing my thick silver band ring in size 8 that came from Overstock if anybody needs something to give me for mother's day.  I have looked in all of the special places I can think of and I still can't find it. 

update:  I found the check book.  I guess I'll have to pay the bills after all!

1 comment:

missliss5/Melissa said...

I feel your pain! Guess you saved some money-LOL!