Wednesday, June 30, 2010

photo of the day


These were growing in my flower bed last week.
They don't last that long, especially after the wind that just wiped through my neighborhood.
They remind me of my Grandma Ethel.

One morning last week I stood at the front door while Cole ran out to the driveway to get the newspaper. An SUV slowly drove down my street and pulled to a stop in my front of my house. They didn't notice me at the door and a conversation took place that I could hear:
"What are they?
Don't know.
Cornflower?
No, couldn't be.
Well, I never saw such a flower.
Me neither.
well, huhhhh."
If I hadn't been wearing my pajamas and trying not to laugh, I would have stepped out from my hiding spot and told them to stop on by in a week or two and they could have millions and millions of poppy seeds of their own.

1 comment:

Amara said...

OK, internet's back up. thanks for sharing those poppies. I planted a bunch last year, but they didn't bloom until this year (so no seeds), but I had volunteers in three unplanned places (that bloomed beautifully!) this spring thanks to you --and the birds.