Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer is 12





I know I'm a little bit late, but the power was out for 4 hours on Summer's birthday and well, I'm just plain slow at getting around to this post. Summer turned 12 on Wednesday.


















Here are a few things you may or may not know about Summer:
1. She is the oldest child and therefore she is the peacemaker.
2. Summer loves projects. Her latest projects include modgepodge. I'll leave it at that
3. Summer loves to read. I went with Sierra to Funfinity to buy Summer a book for her birthday and we had a hard time finding a book she hasn't read.
4. Summer talks, a lot.
5. Summer is an awesome swimmer and is certified in SCUBA.
6. Summer is the current Little Miss Pleasant Valley Days Queen in the 11 to 15 age group.
7. Summer talks in her sleep and sometimes sleeps with her eyes open (creepy!)
8. The picture of Summer in the red shorts sitting on the cement bench was taken in Nauvoo at the old temple foundation before the temple was rebuilt. We lived near Nauvoo for 2 years. We attended the temple Ground Breaking and later the Temple Open House. Summer got to see President Hinckley.
9. Summer has visited 30 of the United States.
10. Summer attended 5 different elementary schools.
11. Summer does so much to help her family. I depend on her a lot. Earlier this week, the kids spent the day with Grandma Nan and BK. Grandma mentioned that Summer was a big help and having Summer around is necessary when Cole is visiting. She is a great big sister. Sierra looks up to her a lot, too.
12. Happy 12 Summer. I'm so happy to have you in our family and I am very excited for you to become part of the Young Woman program.

6 comments:

Carroll Family said...

Can you seriously believe they're this old??!!?? I think I recognize the lake picture, too :) She was so little back then!!!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Summer! I'm glad I got to meet you at my sister's wedding, you are a beautiful girl.

missliss5/Melissa said...

I just LOVED reading that!

Brandi said...

She can stay with us anytime! Send Sierra too.

Amara said...

Happy birthday Summer!

Merrills said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, Summer. So fun to have a girl in Young Womens. Crazy that you have a 12 year old, though!